ART EXHIBITIONS, PROJECTS & EVENTS
UPDATE FROM AIARTS 25 March 2020
Regarding the current exhibitions and new Government restrictions
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, last night the Government announced extending restrictions and new rules for people in public places including the size of groups and announced closures of non-essential services. They include:
• Galleries, museums, national institutions, historic sites, libraries, community centres
In order to comply with the restrictions placed on public places by the Government, it is necessary to close the AIARTS Gallery as a gallery open to groups of the public.
It is possible for people to view and purchase art work as shown on the website and in exhibitions.
AIARTS will make special arrangements and ensure purchasers of art work to get their work from the exhibitions etc.
MARCH TO APRIL 2020 – EXHIBITIONS
FEBRUARY TO END OF APRIL – EXHIBITION
Images of the art work from this exhibition can be viewed under International Art
WORKS BY ROSS POLLOCK
WORKS BY ROBERT DETTMAN
NOVEMBER 2019: LANDSCAPE EXHIBITION
Diverse depictions of landscape painting. Artists include Geoff Wilson, Jason Cordero and Winnie Pelz.
WORKS BY JASON CORDERO
WORKS BY WINNIE PELZ
WORKS BY GEOFF WILSON (see details and prices below)
GEOFF WILSON EXHIBITION
PAINTINGS IN MAIN GALLERY ROOM – from left to right:
1. A landscape of scattered whites 2016 102 x 40 oil on linen – $4,000
2. Water tank and side rake 1990 910 x 455 cm oil on linen – $3,500
3. Palettes contemplating blue hills like Heysen once painted 2016 137×107 cm oil on linen – $12,000
(This painting was a finalist in the Fleurieur Award 2016)
4. River Murray from Banrock Station’s graveyard 1999 745 x 510 cm acrylic on board – $3,800
PAINTINGS IN HALL GALLERY – from back entrance towards front of house:
5. Composition in Grey 2008 760 x 510 cm oil on linen – $3,200
6. New plantings Hindmarsh Island farm 2019 61 x 40 cm oil on cotton canvas – $2,800
7. You get an ensuite with a sea view 1998 770 x 610 cm oil on canvas on board – $3,800
8. Fog at Belair: my washing and quince tree 1981 910 x 610 cm acrylic on canvas – $3,800
9. Landscape west of Pengilly Farm early 1990’s 910 x 510 cm oil on line – $3,800
10. Zen and roof top landscape view from Korean Café, Belair Triangle 2019 46 x 30 cm oil on canvas – $1,800
11. Shed structure Salt Creek Coorong 2006 50 x 24 cm watercolour – $1,500
Other paintings in the exhibition borrowed from private collection for the exhibition:
12. Farm shed with three gums 2008 92 x 61.5 cm oil on canvas – NFS
13. The farm near Ouyen Victoria 2012 137.5 x 61.5 cm oil on canvas – NFS
EARLY–MID 2020 (TBA): AIARTS PROJECT & EXHBITION with Presentation
PROJECT TITLE: LANDSCAPE PAINTING AND THE LAND OF TJUKURRPA
A project with an exhibition at AIARTS gallery and a presentation curated by Angelika Tyrone.
Artists include landscape artists and Aboriginal artists (List of artists TBA). The project and exhibition is a dialogue in viewing, presenting and representing various versions of the Australian land with the objective being to develop understandings across cultures. The visual presentation is portable, intended for viewing at various venues.